MeniThings is a full featured production company that supports the original live action and animated work of director Aristomenis Tsirbas, which includes feature film, TV spots, and music videos.
MeniThings was founded in 2000. In 2005 the company designed, built and operated an animation facility within Snoot Entertainment for the feature film ‘BATTLE FOR TERRA”.
MeniThings is currently in post production on Aristomenis’s second feature film, “TIMESCAPE”
Aristomenis (Meni) Tsirbas has been directing film and TV for over 20 years and works in both live action and animation.
Meni was born in Montreal, Canada and majored in film production at Concordia University. In 1996 he moved to Los Angeles to work on James Cameron's TITANIC and national advertising spots for NIKE, 7UP and COCA-COLA. As a visual effects supervisor Meni worked on Miramax's A WRINKLE IN TIME, Disneys' MY FAVORITE MARTIAN and Paramount's STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE.
Between 1999 and 2003 Tsirbas wrote and directed a string of successful animated short films including the Sundance winning THE FREAK. In 2004 Tsirbas worked on two back-to-back music videos including Tears For Fears' CLOSEST THING TO HEAVEN, before setting off to direct his first feature film, BATTLE FOR TERRA. The animated film toured the international film festival circuit in 2007 before being released theatrically in 2009.
Meni followed up with three more short films as director-in-residence at Gnomon Studio before joining Blur Studio in 2012, where he directed a dozen national television commercials.
In late 2019 Tsirbas wrote and directed his second feature film, TIMESCAPE. The live-action adventure is released theatrically in Canada in 2022. More releases to follow.
Meni's original films have received over two dozen international awards from film festivals such as Sundance, Hollywood and Palm Springs.
DIRECTION: FEATURE FILM
- TIMESCAPE (2022, TVA FILMS)
- BATTLE FOR TERRA (2009, LIONSGATE)
- GOLDFISH: 12 ADS (2018, PEPPERIDGE FARM)
- E.T. I.D. (2000, MUSIQUEPLUS)
- MONTREAL AUTO SHOW (1996)
DIRECTION: MUSIC VIDEO
- TEARS FOR FEARS (2005, A BAND APART)
- UDORA: FADE AWAY (2005, A BAND APART)
DIRECTION: GAME CINEMATIC
- MECHWARRIOR VENGEANCE (1999, MICROSOFT)
DIRECTION: SHORT FILM
- EXOIDS (2011, GNOMON)
- PLUS MINUS (2011, GNOMON)
- ANTHRO (2010, DAVE SCHOOL)
- TERRA (2003, MENITHINGS)
- THE FREAK (2002, MENITHINGS)
- RAY TRACEY IN FULL TILT (2000, SIGGRAPH)
VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR
- A WRINKLE IN TIME (2003, DISNEY)
- MY FAVORITE MARTIAN (1999, DISNEY)
- STAR TREK: DS9 (1999, PARAMOUNT)
- TACO BELL MARIO KART 64 (1998)
- NIKE: VIRTUAL ANDRE (1997, DIGITAL DOMAIN)
- TITANIC (1996, PARAMOUNT/FOX)
- STAR TREK: VOYAGER (1995, PARAMOUT)